Thank you for using Revolvy (https://www.revolvy.com)!
Revolvy is owned by Revolvy LLC and we want you to know that we take your privacy seriously. The data controller can be reached at Revolvy LLC; Attn: Data Controller; 5400 Johnson Drive; Suite 120; Mission, KS 66205.
By visiting and using Revolvy, you accept the privacy practices described in this Policy. This Policy is incorporated into, and is subject to, the Revolvy Terms of Service.
1. Information You Provide To Us. We collect personal information required to administer your Revolvy account. This includes a user name you create, your primary email address, and a password so you can gain access to your account. We encrypt this password and we do not have access to an unencrypted version of it.
We also create a Revolvy user ID number and other non-public information that is associated with your account. Other personal information you provide Revolvy is voluntary and may include your full name, profile image, your country, your language, your location, an alternative email address, your birthday, and information you choose to publicly share with others on the site. If you choose, you can link your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+) and your website URL.
We also store comments you make and topics you create. These voluntary posts you make to our site are stored in our database.
If you send us an e-mail or fill out forms located on Revolvy, we may collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide.
3. Passively or Automatically-Collected Information. We may automatically record certain information from a user's device by using various types of technology, including cookies. This information may include things like IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using Revolvy, the pages or other content the user views or interacts with on Revolvy, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of Revolvy. We also may use these technologies to determine a user's interaction with email messages, such as whether a user opens, clicks on, or forwards a message.
4. Geo-location Information. If you are accessing Revolvy from a mobile device or through a mobile application, your geo-location information may be available for us to see to enable personalization of your experience. You may be able to turn off such data collection by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
1. Operations, Improvements and Interaction. Personal Information you submit to us is used to provide you access to Revolvy, to improve Revolvy, to better tailor the features and performance of Revolvy, and to offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions and functionality from us, our partners or our advertisers. Additionally, information that you have voluntarily provided to us (such as topics you create, comments you make, media you attach to topics, folders in which you save topics) are used (with other users' information) as part of the community-sharing environment of the site, and is publicly viewable by all Revolvy users.
2. Communications. At times, we may contact a user via email or phone, if that's available, for administrative purposes. This may include customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the data posted on Revolvy or with updates relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We may also use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through Revolvy or the social network from which you have connected to Revolvy. Additionally, we may use your email address to contact you on behalf of your friends or notifications from a social network or other website with whom you have registered to receive such notifications. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving these communications by adjusting your profile settings.
5. Third-Party Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to third-party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of the services and features of Revolvy and to help us communicate with you. Examples of such services include MailChimp, a company that facilitates communication with our users via email. We do not maintain responsibility for the manner in which third parties use or further disclose personal information collected from you in accordance with this Policy, after we have disclosed such information to those third parties
1. Revolvy is a site that enables you to save topics into folders you personalize. You may also create your own topics. Additionally, you may personalize topics by "attaching" links, images, videos, comments and the such. We save this information for you and associate it to your account so you can access it when you want. This information is available for the public to see. Please do not post any information that you do not want others to see.Additionally, on Revolvy you may 1) post comments to topics, 2) reply to other users' comments, and/or 3) indicate reactions to comments and replies. Please be aware than any posting (comment, reply, reaction et. al.) is publicly visible to anyone who can see it and Revolvy has no control over how it may be shared or used by others including search engines and marketers.
2. Service Providers. We may share collected information to service providers that we have engaged to perform business-related services on our behalf. This may include providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) host our servers; (f) administer games and contests; and (g) otherwise support our business activities.
3. Law Enforcement. We may share information in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request.
5. Business Transitions. We may transfer some or all of your collected information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets.
6. Marketers. We may share collected information with unaffiliated partners and third parties (examples include our third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms) that wish to market products or services to you. Please note that the services that Revolvy provides its users, and covered by this Policy, may include content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications, or social network integrations) that is sponsored by or co-branded with third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain information from their visitors. We have no control over these third parties' use of this information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
1. Access to Collected Information. You may access your Revolvy account information at any time using your username and password by navigating to www.revolvy.com and clicking on the Login link.
2. Correction of Collected Information. Once you have gained access to your Revolvy account, you may navigate to 'Settings', using the top right menu, and make desired changes to any personal information located there.
3. Deletion of Collected Information. You may request deletion of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by navigating to your Profile/Settings yourself and clicking the Delete Your Account link. Your information will not be retained, so please do not delete your account unless that is your true intention.
4. Email Preferences. When you receive promotional communications from us, you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
Despite your indicated email preferences, we may send you administrative emails regarding Revolvy, including, for example, administrative confirmations, and notices of updates to our Policy if we choose to provide such notices to you in this manner.
When you use our mobile-optimized website, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Revolvy and our service providers may use and store this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use Revolvy and we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from those who are under 13 years old. Thus, if we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13, we will take steps to remove that user's information from our databases. By using Revolvy, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old.
If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has obtained a Revolvy account, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s information from our servers.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative and technical safeguards to protect personal data including firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain information, please be aware that no security measures, or method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on Revolvy, and you do so at your own risk.
Further, we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Additionally, even after information posted on Revolvy is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on Revolvy. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on Revolvy will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you believe your personal data has been compromised, or if you have any questions about security on Revolvy, please contact us at email@example.com.
We only retain a user's personal information as long as the user’s account is active. An account may be deactivated by a user by navigating to Profile/Settings and clicking on the Delete Your Account link.
This Policy is subject to occasional revision at our discretion, and if we make any substantial changes in the way we use your information, we will reflect the date of the changes on this page. In some cases, we may notify you via email. If you object to any such changes, you must cease using Revolvy. Continued use of Revolvy following any changes made to this Policy shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
You may contact us in the following ways:
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgVia mail to:
5400 Johnson Drive, Suite 120
Mission, KS 66205
Any information you provide to us in your correspondence with us is subject to the terms of the Policy.